Mulled Wine Recipe
Add some spice to your next winter entertaining occasion with this classic mulled wine recipe.
We have selected the Peter Lehmann Wines 2015 Clancy’s red blend to include in this winter warmer. This wine is beautifully fruit forward, perfect for a classic mulled wine recipe. You can also add a splash of Peter Lehmann Wines 2002 Vintage Port to make it even more delicious which is sure to keep your guest snug and smiling.
Serves 5 – 6
1 cup of water
3 star anise
1 cinnamon stick
¼ cup of caster sugar
1 small whole nutmeg
1 bottle of Clancy’s red blend
Splash of PLW VP (optional)
1. Add the water to a medium sized pot over a high heat
2. Add cloves, star anise, cinnamon stick and caster sugar
3. Grate nutmeg, to taste and add to the pot
4. Zest the orange before slicing and adding the slices and the zest to the pot
5. Bring to the boil and stir intermittently for 5 minutes
6. Reduce heat and then add Peter Lehmann Wines Clancys Red Blend and VP
7. Serve in a mug or insulated glass.
TIP: It’s also easy to make in the slow cooker or even Instant Pot, if you prefer. The rule of mulled wine is to make sure you do not boil the alcohol. Reduce the heat and let the recipe cool slightly before adding the wine.
Leave the mulled wine to simmer for at least 15 minutes, and up to 3 or 4 hours, so that all of the delicious flavours can come together. Then strain out the spices, and serve warm.