Matt Moran’s Barbequed Lamb Cutlets & Rustic Mint Salsa
To celebrate our partnership with iconic chef and restauranteur Matt Moran, we will be sharing a series of recipes designed to complement and enliven our extensive range of fine wines. To kick off, Matt created a quick and delicious meal perfect for entertaining - barbecued lamb cutlets with a rustic mint salsa. The zingy, fresh, savoury flavours of this herbaceous lamb dish perfectly complement the rich, well-rounded, fruit-forward notes in our Peter Lehmann Shoulder to Shoulder Cabernet Sauvignon. The meal comes together in
less than 30 minutes and serves 4 as a main or 12 as canapé.
- 12 lamb cutlets
- 80ml vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- ¼ bunch flat-leaf parsley, leaves picked
- 1 bunch mint, leaves picked
- 200ml grapeseed oil
- 1½ tablespoons chardonnay vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- To make the mint salsa, place the garlic, parsley, mint, and grapeseed oil in the food processor and process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl, stir in the vinegar and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Season the lamb cutlets with salt and pepper and place on the hot barbeque. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side then remove from the grill and let rest.
- Serve the lamb on a platter with mint salsa drizzled over the top.
And voila! There you have it – either the centrepiece of your table, or a mouth-watering canape that will leave your guests hungry for more. We recommend serving after a decadent cheeseboard (also a great friend of the Peter Lehmann Shoulder to Shoulder Cabernet Sauvignon) with sharp cheddars and rich quince paste.