Try one of our delicious Peter Lehmann reds, like our famous Stonewell Shiraz, to accompany our delectable yet simple Conchiglioni Bolognese.
- 250g Conchiglioni (large dried pasta shells)
- 4 tblspn olive oil
- 450g minced beef
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 brown onion, coarsely diced
- 350g of good quality tomato passata
- 1/4 cup of fresh basil, washed and light chopped
- 1/2 cup of fresh rocket leaves, washed
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and add pasta shells, stirring occasionally.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a medium sized saucepan and fry onion and garlic for 2 mins, or until translucent, on a medium-high heat. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Add in the minced meat and break up with the back of the wooden spoon into smaller pieces and brown for 2 mins. Stir in tomato passata, and cover with a lid on medium heat for approx. 20 mins. Sauce is done when meat is tender and sauce has flavoured.
4. Cook pasta shells until al dente. Drain and add into the Bolognese with rocket and basil - folding gently to cover pasta with sauce.
5. Serve in a large bowl with a generous amount of parmesan cheese, and a light drizzle of remaining olive oil. Accompany with a Peter Lehmann red wine, perhaps our Stonewell Shiraz.
Serves four people.